Thursday, March 17, 2011

Trying Out My Wings...

I have started and stopped too many posts. I think too deeply sometimes which makes it hard to convey what I am thinking and sometimes I just don't think!! :) I am going to stop giving myself such a hard time about writing and just write.

Bryan bought a bird feeder for our kitchen window and what do you know...I like looking at all those little birds. I am a bird watcher people!! I felt a bit old school picking out a feeder but I gave in and I like it. One night during dinner, Bryan mentioned something about the feeder and he said something like.."Some of those birds eat the leftover seed on the ground when they can easily fly up to the feeder and get the seed themselves". I think I swallowed hard after he said that. It spoke to my wandering heart. I do that in my own life, don't you? It may look differently for all of us, but I know what it looks like for me. Why do I stay down low, waiting and wanting what everyone else has? Why do I think I can't spread my wings and fly too? Why don't I just dive in and get my own seed? I think I will. I want to fly high and receive what God has for me. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this, and you! Thank you dear friend for posting this!

My Life Song said...

Love it! I love how you can get so much out of something so little.