Sunday, March 20, 2011

Peaceful Weekend

I got a chance to head to St. Louis for the weekend to hang out with my family. I had the best time with them. I will post pictures later. We did a lot of fun things and I drank way too much coffee and stayed up way too late talking to the people I love. I even got to see my forever friend Kate.

Me and two of my sisters stayed at my parents house last night. I love staying at my parents because their place is so quiet and peaceful. The best part of the evening was eating Doritos and french onion dip (a Morgan favorite) and rearranging things in my parents home just to get a laugh out of them in the morning. Yep, my parents went to bed and the three of us were up to no good. :) Of course my parents laughed a lot the next morning and we denied we touched anything. I could tell my parents loved having us there and our mom sent us off with an awesome breakfast. I love them so much.

Besides the great conversations and fun, I did a lot of reflecting inside. Things I have been thinking about and reading about, God was confirming in my heart. I am so in awe of His patience with me. For the first time, in a very very long time I am loosening my grip on my life. My hands are becoming unglued and I am opening them up. I am one grateful daughter in Christ.

Such a person feeds on ashes; a deluded heart misleads him;
he cannot save himself, or say,
“Is not this thing in my right hand a lie?”
Isaiah 44:20

Love to you,
Karen

No comments: