Monday, April 4, 2011

Missing Home

Yesterday I struggled with missing home. My whole family got together for dinner and wanted to video chat with me but I somehow missed all of them. I didn't hesitate to cry on the phone with my sis Mary about missing dinner! Ha! I also had some dear friends over last Thursday (pictures to come!) that made me miss home even more. It was so fun talking with an old friend that goes back to First Grade! Got to love those!

As I was thinking of home, I smelled my mom's roast in the oven, and heard my dad's laughter, and heard the comfort of my sisters telling me that it's all going to be ok. I also realized that I am homesick to be with my Creator as well. I have failed to stay in the Word these last couple of weeks and failed to stay focused. I think its left my heart kinda heavy. So I am hopping off here to get some quiet time and to thank God for my family back home and for the amazing family God has truly blessed me with here. I am so thankful for all of them. :)

No comments: