Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I Will Overcome

The rambling thoughts of Karen...

So I had some thoughts that came to me this morning. Some of the thoughts I had were old but somehow they seemed new to me. Don't you love that? I was working out this morning (which I hardly do these days) and I was listening to a David Crowder song called Shine. It was really moving my heart and I almost lifted my hands in the air at the gym but I held back. :)


Chorus....
Shine Your light so I can see You
Pull me up, I need to be near You
Hold me, I need to feel loved
Can You overcome this heart that's overcome?

I really love the truth that Jesus Overcame. That is what our Easter celebration was all about. Jesus conquered the grave. What I love about the redemption story is that Jesus overcame with such grace and love. Jesus knew the cup that the Father had for him and accepted it with grace. He chose to be a servant all the way. So I was thinking as we walk through this life and go through trials we too can overcome. We too must walk in grace and be servants like Jesus. I don't have to walk in defeat. Jesus is my ultimate focus. So glad to know we serve an Awesome God!


Love to you,

Karen

1 comment:

Erin Ward said...

What a great song!

You know how there are random letters you have to type in for word verification before you comment? Well the letters I have to type in to comment on this are "bible". :D