Thursday, May 26, 2011

Today is dear to me and my family because today is my brother-in-laws birthday. He would have been 41 today. He is missed so much. Not a day goes by without a reminder of the deep longing to see him again. I think about him a lot...especially today. I asked myself if he was still here, what would I say? As a way to work through the grief, I decided to write some of the things I miss and remember..

How much he loved my sister

How much he teased me growing up...and when I would talk to my sister on the phone he always would say funny things in the background.

How often he would listen and offer encouragement.

He would try to teach me football..over and over again.

He was one of the funniest people ever...

How happy he was when Nora was born...so crazy happy

My list could go on with all the happy memories. Some are even hard to type or put into words. The biggest thing I miss is just having my whole family together. I know a lot of people can relate to that.

"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your Salvation....." Psalm 13

2 comments:

Erin Ward said...

My heart aches for you in so many ways. I can't tell you just how much I love you.

amymoran said...

love you dear friend