Sunday, February 6, 2011

Potato Soup

Winter brings out the worst in me sometimes. My skin is dry, my hair doesn't fix right, the pounds rest around my middle or other places, and being inside all day can make me sad. I just want to sigh when I think about waiting for spring. Luckily, I have this potato soup to make me smile. If you are looking for healthy...this soup is not it...but it will make you all warm inside.

When spring comes, I will start introducing more of my nutritional recipes. I am obsessed with making smoothies so I will be bringing a smoothie recipe each week! But until then...enjoy this soup!

What you will need:

8 medium potatoes
8 slices of crispy fried bacon (optional)
2 tablespoons of diced onion
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
3 1/2 cups of milk
1 stick of butter
1 8 oz carton of sour cream
10 oz of cheddar cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons of pepper
2 teaspoons of salt

Peel your potatoes and cut them into chunks. Boil potatoes in salt water. While the potatoes are boiling, combine the remaining ingredients in a large pan. Let the ingredients simmer on low heat. Drain potatoes and add to mixture. Simmer for 20 minutes.

*I let my soup simmer longer then 20 minutes and we always eat the soup with cheez-its! Yum!


1 comment:

amymoran said...

Are you turning it to a recipe blog my dear :)