Friday, February 11, 2011

Blessings of the Day

I wake up to a text from a woman who prays and speaks continual faith into my life. She spells out scripture for me and reminds me that God knows it all. I cry. I cry because it's beautiful and very unexpected. It helps me start my day.

I read my short devotional and it's all about praise to God and how Thanksgiving unlocks it all. I am hungry for more.

I get to work and begin the chaos and I have smiles all day long from my friend. She makes me laugh and we celebrate her life and discuss weekend plans. I am happy to know her.

I find out that lunch is free and catered in because we are being appreciated for a job well done. That feels good.

I meet someone later on in the day and I realize I can fully relate to them. It makes me feel like I have purpose.

Later on at home I am greeted with a smile from family and she is holding a box full of pretty cookies and treats. She spent time making this for me. I feel loved.

My husband invites me to a night of fun. I get to watch a young beautiful girl get crowned as Homecoming Queen. After that we eat fries and our conversation is all about dreaming. We go home holding hands.

It's dark, the day is done, and I am happy and thankful for all these blessings.




1 comment:

amymoran said...

I am thankful for you every day. I don't know how we can be seperated next year!! Praying GOd will keep us together!