Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Unseen

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18

Our pastor at Springhill reminded us and challenged us about how important it is to have daily renewal. I sat in church listening intently to every word because its what I needed to hear. Since starting my new job I haven't taken a lot of time for myself. I rush through my morning, my afternoon, my evening, just to do it all over again. This week, I came back to where my head and heart need to be....in the Word of God. My schedule has made no time for Jesus or things that are most important to me. If you would follow me throughout the day you would see that some of my priorities might be backwards. This verse above really hit home for me.

It's hard wanting to please everyone. It's exhausting trying to get it right all the time. What I need to worry about the most is am I pleasing God? I want to stop focusing on the seen and starting focusing on the unseen. I want to humble myself before God and be renewed day by day because that is what matters. The more I try to do it on my own the more I fail. I don't want to feel depleted and empty. I want more of Jesus...more time in silence praying to my Creator who knows what is best for me.

Love to you-
Karen

No comments: