Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Be Well

My husband has been sick the last few days. He is running a fever and it just breaks my heart. He hasn't moved from the couch. When my husband says he is sick...he means it. I am trying to avoid getting sick. I have been worried about all my friends catching colds or having the stomach bug already. I have already had a cold but I am trying to avoid the worst part of it.

I am not a doctor or a health expert. But I wanted to share with you some common things that seem helpful to me. This is not advice or anything..more like some ideas that you might find inspiring. I get sick too but I like to help people when they feel blah. These ideas are pretty basic and you probably heard them all. But just let me mother you for a few seconds. :)

*Get plenty of sleep. That is right. Unplug the computer and the TV and get some good ZZZZ. Best thing you can do for yourself.

*Drink plenty of water...all day.


*Drink hot tea


* Take Vitamin C


*Stay away from bad sugar-it weakens the immune system

*Sweat. Sweating releases toxins from your system

*Take deep breathes. We are all so stressed.

* Do something fun and laugh


* Read the Word and Pray-this brings life to your soul!


*Buy something small for yourself that makes you happy. I bought myself a new CD, which rarely happens but it makes driving so much better.


I care about you and want you to be well. Be well in all areas of your life. Thanking God for you too!

P.S. I am so excited about our Women's Retreat this weekend! Can't wait to share with you what the Lord did!

Love to you- Karen

1 comment:

amymoran said...

What CD did you buy? I am praying I get well by Friday. I hope you don't get it! Love you friend