Monday, July 25, 2011

My Redeemer

God has been speaking to my heart about His redemption. He is my Redeemer in so many areas of my life. He has been redeeming places, friendships, and circumstances. I have been humbled by His grace. As I was trying to compose my thoughts, the song by Waterdeep called  "You have Redeemed my Soul", kept coming to my mind. I can relate to these lyrics and what it means to be a burned out forest. But I know that Jesus restores, rebuilds, and brings beauty from the brokenness.

You have redeemed my soul
From the pit of emptiness
You have redeemed my soul
From death

I was a hungry child

A dried up river
I was a burned out forest
And no one could do anything for me
But You put food in my body
And water in my dried bed
And to my blackened branches
You brought the springtime
Green of new life
And nothing is impossible for You

No comments: